Reduce Your Use Thermostat - How It Works
Put your smart thermostat to good use with the Reduce Your Use Thermostat program. It’s easy: you sign up, and on certain days, we’ll send a signal to your thermostat to put it in energy savings mode. You’ll get:
- On Reduce Your Use days, we will adjust your thermostat settings to conserve energy.
- You may opt-out of the setting adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- Your settings may be adjusted between 11:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., but no more than 4 hours in a row.
What To Expect
- You will receive a $50 e-gift card for each thermostat you enroll in Reduce Your Use. (limit of 2)
- Additionally, most customers will receive $25 at the end of the year if you stay enrolled through October 31st and your thermostat stays connected to wi-fi.
What You Need to Enroll
An SDG&E approved smart thermostat (view approved models or shop the latest from Nest and EcoBee at the SDG&E Marketplace
An SDG&E account with a smart meter
A Wi-Fi network compatible with your smart thermostat
A working central air conditioning unit controlled by your smart thermostat
- You are not currently enrolled in the AC Saver program
- Customers with solar panels must enroll in time of use plus rate plan or reduce your use rewards to qualify. Go to MyAccount for more information.
- Limit of two thermostats per household.
Log into My Account and sign up for the Reduce Your Rewards Thermostat program.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.