Pautas relacionadas con fondos
We’re dedicated to investing in innovative projects and programs through our corporate giving program. We support and partner with hundreds of community-based non-profit organizations in San Diego and south Orange Counties to:
- Develop environmental champions who are informed and engaged in climate change and clean transportation solutions.
- Develop public safety programs that encourage emergency preparedness, response and recovery plans, and strive for resiliency during emergencies and disasters.
- Inspire future leaders to develop the next generation of innovative, diverse and talented members of the community to drive economic growth and success.
We gives preferential consideration to:
- Programs, rather than one-time events
- Programs in SDG&E’s initiative areas of giving
- Programs that help underserved populations, including diverse ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and low-income families
We do not accept or fund requests for charitable contributions that benefit:
- Private foundations, endowment funds, or for-profit organizations
- Groups that practice discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free from religious orientation
- Political parties, candidates or partisan-political groups
- Scholarship programs
- Capital-improvements, capital equipment or building funds
- Sporting teams and sporting events
- Programs primarily focused on the arts and humanities
- Programs whose beneficiaries are outside of San Diego and south Orange Counties
- Institutions of higher learning
- Individual schools, school foundations, or school districts.
- General operating expenses that are unrelated to the execution of the proposed program or project
- Travel expenses not directly related to the execution of the project
- Loans or loan guarantees
- Debt reduction or past operating deficits
- Liquidation of an organization
- Reducing or donating the cost of any natural gas or electrical service
To to apply for funding, please email our Community Relations team with a brief description of your program or project.