Get up to 100% of your energy from renewable sources. with SDG&E’s EcoChoice.SM This program is a great option if you want more renewable energy, but don’t own your home, can’t afford the upfront costs of solar or don’t have the ability to put solar panels on your roof. The best part is for many customers, there’s no additional cost.
You can enroll to have from 50% to up to 100% of your electricity come from renewable sources and in turn, we buy renewable energy from generating facilities built specifically for EcoChoice.
Renewable energy facilities take time to build, so a temporary pool of solar facilities (Interim Pool) will be used until new renewable energy generating facilities come online.
Enroll in EcoChoice here. Please have your SDG&E account number (Can be found at the top of a recent SDG&E bill or by logging into sdge.com/MyAccount.) Be sure to review program price, terms, and conditions in the EcoChoice tariff. A minimum one year agreement is required and termination fees may apply. You can also enroll in EcoChoice using our paper application (pdf).
Note: Customers currently on a distributed generation rate such as Net Energy Metering (NEM), a pilot rate, or participating in Direct Access (DA) are not eligible to participate in EcoChoice. Additionally, participating EcoChoice customers will have reduced functionality in My Account. See the Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
How much does it cost
- 2018 Prospective Product Content Label (pdf) – Information on the renewable energy supply expected to serve the EcoChoice program in 2018.
- 2018 Price, Terms, and Conditions Summary (pdf) – An easy-to-read overview of EcoChoice participation requirements. Please see the EcoChoice tariff for an official listing of program requirements.
- EcoChoice Subscription Changes Form (pdf) – For currently enrolled customers, use this form to change your EcoChoice subscription percentage or cancel your participation.
- Historical Rates and 20-Year Forecasts
- 2016 Historical Prospective Product Content Label (pdf) - Historical information on the renewable energy supply which served the EcoChoice program in 2016.
Frequently Asked QuestionsEcoChoice is Green-e Energy certified, and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org
- Retiro del programa
EcoChoice has a minimum enrollment term of one year with a 60-day grace period. If you cancel your participation after the 60-day period has expired, a termination fee will apply. After you have been enrolled in EcoChoice for one year, you may cancel at any time without penalty.