Save More, Earn More with SDG&E's Energy Efficient Business Incentives
Benefit from financial incentives for retrofitting existing equipment or installing new high-efficiency equipment to save energy. Your incentive amount is driven by the amount of energy the project saves. Review the Energy Efficiency Incentives Fact Sheet for more information.
Lo que debería saber antes de solicitar
The more energy you save, the more incentives you earn - up to 50% of your project cost, or 100% of the allowable incentive amount.
- Review the Release of Information Policy and Additional Resources.
- Purchase or installation of equipment cannot occur prior to the receipt of a Notice to Proceed (NTP). The NTP will be sent to you after we execute the EEBI Project Agreement.
- Submit all project documents to your assigned Account Executive (if applicable) and [email protected].
Apply for an Incentive
- Fill out the Pre-Application Form (Tab 2) of the 2019 Energy Efficiency Business Incentive Application which will allow our Engineering Services to provide proactive project assistance for your custom incentive projects.
- After your eligibility is confirmed, complete Tabs 3 and 4 (if an application includes unique lighting equipment that isn't available through the Energy Efficiency Rebate Program, the Calculated Lighting Equipment Survey Table is required).
- Once the complete application is reviewed and submitted to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) staff for review, we'll conduct pre-inspections. Our Engineering Services will work closely with you (or your Project Supervisor) to complete a Measurement & Verification form (if required).
- After all parties have signed the EEBI Project Agreement, we'll execute the agreement and issue a Notice to Proceed. NOTE: Purchase or installation of equipment cannot occur prior to the receipt of an NTP.
- Upon installation, submit your completed W-9, Installation Report and invoices consistent with the Invoice Template and Invoice Guidelines. We'll review the invoices and Installation Report, submit the project for review to the CPUC staff and conduct a post-inspection.
- We'll review and adjust savings and incentives, if necessary, and will issue payment to the designated payee after receiving clearance from the CPUC staff. NOTE: This process is different for Measurement and Verification Projects. Measurement and Verification Projects are typically issued the final incentive after completing an agreed upon post-monitoring period. At the conclusion of the post-monitoring period, you or your project sponsors must submit an Operating Report to initiate the final payment.
Release of Information Policy
Si la CPUC solicita la revisión de su proyecto, SDG & E proporcionarán la CPUC con toda la información solicitada sin más notificación a usted. Si se niega a permitir que la CPUC, su personal o sus contratistas y / o consultores para tener acceso a sus datos, no se le permite participar, y no será elegible para recibir los incentivos del programa. Tenga en cuenta que, si señala a un patrocinador del proyecto, una notificación similar se ha remitido a ellos también. En el caso de su proyecto es seleccionado para revisión, SDG & E marcará sus datos como confidenciales antes de enviar sus archivos a la CPUC de conformidad con el Código de Servicios Públicos de California Sección 583 y CPUC Orden General 66-C.
Contact our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 or email [email protected].